Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Coffee Break

Just a quick note to give my brain a break...

My mom called me while I was in class and didn't leave a message. That's never a good sign. She always leaves a message unless she has bad news. I didn't want to call her back. My mom and my youngest brother are scheduled to fly in tomorrow for a week-long visit. This is the only chance I have to see them before Christmas. I wanted to put off whatever bad news was coming. But I also couldn't take the anticipation, so I called her the second I was out of class.

She has the flu.

Her doctor advised her not to travel (like you really need a doctor to tell you not to get on a plane when your brain is oozing out of your nose) and I really don't anticipate her feeling well enough by tomorrow to make the trip. I'm sad-facing.

But since I'm too preoccupied with this business to get anything productive done, I've been playing around on the internet where I found this:



Gorgeous! Waterford (as in the crystal) has launched a new perfume inspired by their Lismore collection. Generally, I'm not a fan of Waterford. We were given a vase as a wedding gift and I think it's mildly ugly. I'm also constantly terrified of damaging it (I worked at a flower shop that sold Waterford and one day the shelving unit that held all of it collapsed) even though I only put it out when the people who gifted it to us stop by. However, Waterford apparently makes a lovely perfume atomizer. Who knew? This perfume would make a wonderful gift for bridesmaids or mothers to wear on your wedding day. Not only is it beautiful, it can be engraved with the recipients name or a special word. And since scents are so strongly connected to memories, it will evoke the emotions of your big day every time they wear it.

(Waterford Lismore Perfume $65 - The Knot)

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
student floral designer wife dog mama floridian at ♥